Time to reclaim downtown streets for people. Small autonomous vehicle circulators would allow us to use the public right-of-way for people instead of parking. Urban mobility:
- leverages public systems and spaces for diversity of experience and economic opportunity
- integrates small/smart transit and distributed parking systems to create linear placemaking and extended walkability
- supports the vital arts, entertainment and retail environments of downtown with a moving experience
- create a public/private partnership to develop and manage a fleet of ubiquitous people movers and its integrated distributed parking resources. Park once, if at all.
- test it in a controlled urban street environment. The technology exists.
- create an Indianapolis designed and produced vehicle as an economic development initiative. The skills and capacity exist.